ZeroConfigExchange RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to understand if I can use ZeroConfigExchange for hosted Exchange Service. I'm moving our Exchange from Rackspace Hosted Exchange to Office 365 Exchange. And We currenlty use Office 2016/2013 and have existing Outlook profiles. 

Is there a step by step on how to use ZeroConfigExchange to add a new profile for the new Exchange Service Microsoft Office 365? 

I already have these links: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4046818/zeroconfigexchange-outlook-manually-create-additional-profile

and 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/outlooking/2015/10/30/zeroconfigexchange-automating-the-creation-of-an-outlook-profile-for-exchange-online-accounts-and-exchange-on-premises-environments/

Vic Abrahamian

Friday, August 31, 2018 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Theoretically, you can directly add the registry value and it will automatically configure profile based on Active Directory Primary SMTP address after you moved to Exchange Online.

Currently, I haven’t found related official articles. Mentioned in the link above, you can try adding the ZeroConfigExchange registry subkey under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover to test the result.

For enterprise, you can configure this via Group Policy. The path is User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outlook 2016 > Exchange > Automatically configure profile based on Active Directory Primary SMTP address

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 3, 2018 7:02 AM
  • Hi Varouj abrahamian,

Have you tried adding the registry value? Does it work on your side?

You can feel free to tell us if you have further concern.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:55 AM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:55 AM
  • Hi Perry, Thank you for your reply,

Does it matter if the Exchange Server is a Hosted Exchange and not an in house server? 

Vic Abrahamian

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 6:33 PM
  • I haven't added the value yet, because I'm not sure when to make the change? Can I do it now before switching my service or do I add the change to GPO afte MX record change to DNS?

Vic

Vic Abrahamian

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 6:35 PM
  • Hi Vic Abrahamian,

As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook client, I'm not familiar with Rackspace Hosted Exchange.

Normally, it doesn’t matter when you add the registry.

Please feel free to tell us if you have further concern on this issue.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 1:40 AM
  • Hi Vic Abrahamian,

I am writing to see if the information above was helpful. If yes, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Friday, September 7, 2018 6:32 AM