KB4505056 NOT on WSUS and now KB4497934 RRS feed

• Question

• This is a May 19th update.

Does anyone know how I can tell when this update will hit my WSUS server to be approved for release to my machines?

I also noticed that my machine that is pointed directly to the internet for updates pulled down yet another cumulative update KB4497934 - May 21 2019.

Neither of these updates are on my WSUS server.

I have synchronized several times

Is anyone else seeing the same issue?

Thanks

• Edited by vs2017sv Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:44 PM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:12 PM

All replies

•      > Is anyone else seeing the same issue?

Yes, with KB4505056.  It has not shown up in my WSUS server after several synchronizations, but is installed on PCs getting updates directly from Microsoft.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:52 PM
  • Thanks for the verification.

So much for telling my WSUS server to "Do not store update files locally; computers install from MS Update".

I was under the impression these machines would go directly to MS for the updates and ONLY report into WSUS.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:15 PM
  • Hi,

The update will be synchronized in the WSUS update library for a while after Release. The two Cumulative Updates you mentioned have not been added to WSUS since my query, and this may still have to wait for a while.

For reference, this article updates the latest updates to the WSUS update repository: "Description of Software Update Services and Windows Server Update Services changes in content for 2019".

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:53 AM
  • Looking at my previous update history.

My Win10 machine's downloaded KB4494441 on May 21 - the day MS released it.

The fact that MS has released two additional KB's and that they have not come down on WSUS is concerning.

KB45050556 - May 19th

KB4497934 - May 21st.

Can anyone elaborate as to why this is happening?

Does MS sometimes hold a update before releasing to the WSUS server's?

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:46 AM
  • Wednesday, May 29, 2019 12:55 PM
  • How can we distinguish which update is in which category "C/D"

Does it indicate this in Windows update catelog?

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 2:51 PM