Stop screen sharing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If I am in a call and I share my desktop, when I end the call, my desktop is still being shared.

Is it possible to get skype for business to end the screen sharing when the call ends?

Thanks

Graham

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Graham,

By my test, the shared desktop is existing after call ended, because they are using the different sessions, you should stop sharing manually,it is by design. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Saturday, February 4, 2017 9:27 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:26 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Jim.

What do you mean by different sessions?

I start a skype call, I then share my screen with the person / people I'm talking to, I then end the call. Isn't this one session?

Just for my understanding, when would it be beneficial to have a screen share left open after a call?

Regards

Graham

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:43 AM
  • Hi Graham,

This issue has been submitted as a feedback as the following link, please wait for Microsoft’s update:
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/9324693-automatically-close-out-screen-sharing-upon-hangin

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Graham Allwood Monday, February 6, 2017 12:04 PM
    Saturday, February 4, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi Graham,

Thanks for your back and my reply as answer, this is helpful to someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:18 AM