none
window 7 professional shutdown if not login RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I have an issue with window 7 64 bit professional, the laptop shutdown itself down after 5 -10 minute if no one login the system, but when i login and log back out, nothing happen after. It happen after some window update at around Feb, did scan the computer with sfc /scannow and no error occur.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Monday, April 24, 2017 1:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to uninstall the update and check the result? It seems that the problem occurred after installing this update.

Technically, you could achieve this with a machine-based group policy preference scheduled task and a small script (I'm thinking 20 - 30 lines - maybe even less).

The pseudocode would be simple:

Job runs every five minutes (just to pick an arbitrary polling interval).

If someone is logged on, do nothing and exit.

If nobody is logged on, write a counter to a log file, i.e. 0.

At the next execution, if someone is logged on, delete the log file, do nothing else and exit.

If nobody is logged on, read the value and increment if by 5 (indicating another 5 mins has passed).

If you get to your determined timeout value, shutdown. If not, exit and wait for the next iteration.

Again, the task itself would be deployed via group policy, and for a script this small, hosting it on something like a DFS-R share (even the net logon share in a pinch - and depending on your polling interval and timeout period) would be fine. That would allow you to avoid having to redeploy the script if you were to change it.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:17 AM