none
Error when building team in Project Professional connected to Project Online RRS feed

• General discussion

• I noticed a new bug with Project Online and Project Professional 2016 today. When a PM attempted to build the team in project professional they received an error message "An error occurred. You cannot edit the team at this time. Verify that Project is still connected to the server and try again."

The PM had proper security configuration. No one else in the same security group had this issue.

I had the PM install the May 2017 public Update for Project Professional. This did not resolve the issue.

I had the PM add the test environment to the list of accounts in project professional. I gave the PM the same security settings as production.  The issue went away.

When the PM tried to build the team in production the issue was still there.

I then had the PM open project professional, go to Info: Manage Accounts and remove the current production account.  They then closed project professional and reopened it.  The PM added the production account back.

When the PM opened the new production account in project professional they could now build the team from the enterprise.  Removing the account and adding it back took care of the hang up.

I'm not sure if any of my consulting colleagues have seen this yet but now you know the fix!
    Monday, June 5, 2017 8:12 PM