none
Reading Data Source from different Source Folders RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Power Query experts, I am new to Power Query. Appreciate your guidance on the following:

I am doing monthly reporting and have a standard reporting format, by using Power Query I managed to merge all my data source from different workfiles (in a folder say "Data June") into one table.

In next month, I will create a new folder "Data July", put all the July data sources into the folder. I tried to edit the source link by changing folder "Data June" to Data "July", however it doesn't work this way it requires me to re-do the steps and append my workfiles into one table.

What is the best way which I can just change the source folder name without repeating the steps again or any alternative which I missed out?

Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Best Regards,

Eric Ng

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:30 AM

Answers

• I'm not really getting what your Problem is: What do you mean with "requires me to redo the steps?"

The code you need will redo the steps for you - just on a different month. So you copy the query (or the file, depending on how you organize it) and replace the old month-Name by the new one in your source step. If you receive an error here, please send error-message.

Imke

• Marked as answer by BlackRabbit 7 Monday, June 22, 2015 6:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:54 AM