none
Screen sever timeout on Windows 10 (1511 and 1607)

Question

• Hi,

I set up GPO for users as follow:

1. Enable screen saver -> ENABLE

2. Password protect the screen saver -> ENABLE

3. Screen saver timeout -> ENABLE (600s)

Some users I set in Delegation tab of GPO editor in Active Directory as READ policy and DENY Apply, so they are excluded from that GPO.

After Policy propagation when I log in to Windows 10 Pro workstation as DENY apply user I cannot set timeout for screen saver more then 5 minutes.

I set 6 minutes, save changes, but after this I have 5 minutes as before. Windows dont save changes for screen sever timeout when they are greater then 5 minutes. What is wrong?

Users with applied that policy, screen saver timeout is 5 minutes instead of 10 minutes set in GPO.

Thank you in advance

• Edited by KrzysiekA Thursday, November 17, 2016 1:31 PM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have tested for this. and without any problems.

I suggest you try to run gpresult /h C:\gpreport.html to check if the policy has been applied successfully. And please post it to us for further research.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 18, 2016 10:27 AM
  • Hi Jay,

before I post this issue we tried almost all. With the same resullt.

Problem concern 90% of over 3 000 computers with Windows 10 Pro. Some of them are 1511, some 1607, some was upgraded from previous Windows versions sam are clean install. The same result after this GPO was applied.

GPO are applied succesfully, even GPO simulation shows that time is 600 seconds. When I install fresh Windows  10 Pro and connect workstation to domain, GPO is applied and screen saver timeout is 10 minutes. It looks like magic.

Any suggestions?

Krzysztof 

Saturday, November 19, 2016 9:06 AM