none
Custom FIM Portal attribute not showing/recognized in the built-in Function Evaluator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem, added a new attribute (AttributeType) and want to use it in some custom expression in the function evaluator but seems that I cannot when I use the attribute name (System Name) it state that the attribute is not valid. I even cannot see this attribute on the dropdown list (although I can see there a lot of custom attributes added in the past which doesn't differ from the new one).

But maybe I have missed something, should the new attribute show up/be available after adding a new attribute type to the system or something else need to be done ?

Thursday, February 11, 2016 10:56 AM

All replies

• Try a iisreset that should bring up the Attribute.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 11, 2016 11:01 AM
  • Thanks,

The problem is that this attribute was added around 2-3 weeks ago (and there were a lot of iisreset's and restarts of fimservice during the time), but didn't yet needed to do anything with it in the function evaluator (so didn't spot the issue earlier). So far it was only used in RCDC (and a FIMMA flow to MV) and that is working. For test - I just added a new AttributeType in the portal, did an iisreset and cannot see this new one as well.

Thursday, February 11, 2016 11:05 AM
  • That's unexpected - but I've added a binding to the user/person object for that attribute and then it became available. But I need it for another object (workflow is for a new object type). So it seems that I cannot use the evaluator for different (custom) object related attributes unless the attribute it bind to the person/user object. That's a bit weird..because I don't need this binding/attribute for the user..

UPDATE: Ok, now it is quite clear to me. I have removed the useless binding and the attribute is again missing from dropdown, but the workflow still works. Noticed that when I use the attributes in the form of [//Target/XXXXX] instead of only XXXXX it work. So really no problem if it's not in the dropdown, but I can still use it.

• Edited by tkaluzny Thursday, February 11, 2016 11:32 AM solution found
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 11:22 AM