none
App V 5.0 Sequence - Lync 2013 Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Could you please help me find sequencing steps to virtualize Lync 2013 Client (Basic/Enterprise) using App-V 5.0 SP2?

Regards,

Srinivasa Prasad

Monday, October 6, 2014 9:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn481351.aspx

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Monday, October 6, 2014 6:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Srinivasa.Prasad Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:48 AM
    Monday, October 6, 2014 10:51 AM
  • Follow that link for advice on how to download Office click-to-run and convert it to an App-V package...

When I did this, I set the Product ID in the CustomConfig.xml file as ProPlusVolume and used ExcludeApp tags to exclude all apps except for Lync:

• Access
    • Excel
    • Groove
    • InfoPath
    • OneNote
    • Outlook
    • PowerPoint
    • Project
    • Publisher
    • SharePointDesigner
    • Visio
    • Word

Here is the info on how to configure this file:

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/jj219426(v=office.15).aspx

I believe it is also possible to set the Product ID to Lync, but not sure of the exact value to set and I have not tried this myself. Bonus tip - when you deploy Lync 2013 virtually, the plugins automatically integrate with the locally installed copy of Outlook!

Dan Gough
    UK App-V MVP

packageology.com
    @packageologist
    LinkedIn

Friday, October 10, 2014 1:11 PM
  • Thank you, I verified and it is working fine.

But when I download files using StdVolume, I’m not getting Lync. Is it a known behaviour?

Also the standard way of installation we have Lync Basic and Lync Enterprise. How can I differentiate with App-V Sequenced application? Will ProPlusVolume Lync suffice Lync Enterprise?

Regards, Srinivasa Prasad

Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:52 AM