none
How do I find a new folder I have checked out?

Question

• Ok, dumb newbie question here.

I created a new folder and exited without checking it in.  

I know it exists because if I try to create it again I get the message that it already exists.  But I can't see it anywhere.

I'm assuming there must be somewhere I can see what I have checked out??

NB:  Because it is new, it is not currently shown, so I can't simply click on it.

Saturday, April 15, 2017 2:36 AM

All replies

• On the task bar on the bottom of the computer click on the yellow folder file explorer.  In the right upper corner enter the file name into the Search Quick Access.

An alternative method that has been a life saver and substantially more efficient that the file explorer search is to use third party software that indexes everything on your computer.  I use everything search.  Then as you enter a character it displays immediately all of the results related to that character.  the more characters that you enter the fewer the results making it very easy to find what you are looking for.

Saturday, April 15, 2017 3:54 AM
  • I am asking about sharepoint
    Monday, April 17, 2017 6:17 AM
  • http://sharepointmaven.com/2-ways-to-search-for-files-in-sharepoint/
    Monday, April 17, 2017 6:28 AM
  • Hi Crazy, 

We cannot check out a folder in SharePoint, do you mean that you check out a document in SharePoint 2013 and the document is missing in the document library?

For your issue, check the following information:

Open the document library with user who have full control permission on the library and compare the results.

Have you set some filters on the view? If yes, remove the filter and check whether you can see the documents. 

Is there a content organizer rule on the library? If yes, navigate to the drop off library to check whether the documents exists there. 

Besides, Navigate to site settings->Content and structure->choose the document library->Choose Checked Out To Me view to see whether there is the document:

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 17, 2017 9:31 AM
  • Hi Crazy, 

Is there something update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 24, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Hi Crazy,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Whether your issue is solved.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:35 AM