Anywhere Access VPN fails after server reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have WSE 2012 server that has a reboot as a scheduled task running twice weekly. This was done to help with an issue regarding back-ups completing. However, while the back-ups now succeed 6 of seven times, a new problem has surfaced. The VPN is unreachable after the server reboot (about 80% of the time). If i run "Repair anywhere access" from the dashboard, it repairs the issue successfully, but doesn't give me any indication what was wrong, or how to prevent it from happening again. We have a number of international users that are connected via VPN, and when this fails, it's at 3:00 am and they are locked out until I either repair it remotely, or until I come in the morning. This is becoming a real problem as they access the time card database over the VPN, and when this happens we have to correct the Time records for each employee manually. Is there any way to script this "repair anywhere access" wizard? Does anybody have any ideas about what might be causing the issue in the first place? I will happily provide any further information required if it is requested by the Helpful, Knowledgeable, and All-Powerful denizens of this august institution....

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Ruscher

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 12:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

You can check the event viewer and the essentials logs under %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs. On the client side, you can check the VPN related logs RunTask-VPN Routes Repair.log under
    %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows Server\logs.

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vivian_Wang Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:25 AM
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, please check the event log to see if any related reason for this issue. Please also make sure that you have installed all the latest updates.

You can check the Services and make sure if any service starts to run when you enable the VPN connection. Then, you can change the startup type of those services to automatic.

In addition, it seems that there is no such script. If you want to have one, please submit a request in the link below:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/site/requests

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Susie Long Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:44 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2015 8:18 AM
  • Sorry for ignorance, But which logs should I check? Can you provide some instruction on how to provide you with the most relevant information?

Thanks Again, 

Tom

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 12:15 PM
  • Hi Tom,

You can check the event viewer and the essentials logs under %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs. On the client side, you can check the VPN related logs RunTask-VPN Routes Repair.log under
    %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows Server\logs.

Best regards,

Susie

• Proposed as answer by Vivian_Wang Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:25 AM
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:43 AM