monthly update KB4099635 and KB4284815 keeps failing in windows server 2012r2 std RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have tried to install the patches "KB4099635 and KB4284815" manually but it keeps failing.

Run windows update diagnostics - Found two problems and it has been fixed automatically. 

*Service registration is missing or corrupt - Fixed 

*Problems installing recent updates - Fixed. 

Renamed software distribution folder , and tried to restart the services BITS and related services - still failed to install

--tried SFC /Scannow and not found any corruption in the Windows System files. 

--tried DISM scan and not found any corruption. 

Command: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth 

Tried to install the failed updates manually by downloading the updates from Microsoft Catalog and found updates were not installed. 

JITHIN.R

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi JITHIN.R,

Based on your situation, please kindly try to reset the Windows Update components by below command:

Net stop wuauserv

rd /s %windir%\softwaredistribution\

Net start wuauserv

After that, if it doesn’t work, you could check windowsupdate log, the text file is located in C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate. In addition, if the log shows any error, could you please share the log via OneDrive? It would be very helpful.

Hope above information helps.

Best Regards

Tina Cao

====================

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:00 AM
  • Hi Tina,

Thank you for the response.

we have postponed patching activity on 28/07/2018.

So sorry to inform you that  the windows update log has been overwritten. 

I will share you the update log on 28/07/2018.

JITHIN.R

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:42 AM
  • I'm seeing this too and for the last few months

Have done all the usual remediation bits (as mentioned above)

anything else to try?

Thanks

Friday, July 6, 2018 11:23 AM