Acer Ferrari 4005 wlmi Laptop - missing 1 driver! RRS feed

• Question

• All drivers but one, thanks to windows update.  Only one I'm missing now is for the 4-in-1 media card reader, model TIxx21 by Texas Instruments.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

E

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:50 AM

All replies

• Hi

I have a Ferrari 4006, and I'm missing the touchpad driver..The touchpad works fine, but I miss functionallity to use the joystick between the buttons as well as the horizontal / vetical scroll feature near the edges.

How did you acquire this one?

Regards

L

Sunday, July 23, 2006 9:12 PM
  • Touchpad driver was installed with the beta on the 4005 - perhaps it's different hardware in the 4006?  I've asked Acer for a full part-by-part listing for the 4000 series, and come up empty-handed, but I have ascertained that the hardware in my original question (the 4-in-1 media card driver) is the Texas Instrument PCI1421 - which nobody seems to have drivers for.

I'll reply back to this when I'm back on the laptop with the drivers I'm using for the touchpad.

E
    Monday, July 24, 2006 10:57 AM
  • I was able to fetch card-reader drivers from another partition where the XP-professional was installed. Perhaps this helps you.

When Vista asked for drivers, I just directed it to the C:\ drive (I'm installing vista on the D: drive and have a dual boot).

Anyways - now I'm reading my SD-card perfectly.

Lars

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 3:10 PM
  • Exactly the same system as you so I hope this helps.

On both RC1 and RC2 (x64) the touchpad is installed as a PS2 compatable device.

Select this device in Device manger; choose to find the driver yourself and then select the whole of the c: drive (or your Vista drive). A correct driver was located with full functionality.

Good luck!

Friday, October 27, 2006 6:18 PM