ROOT\SWSKNDISMP\0000 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Have an odd issue in an XP Pro machine at work.  User logs in, all programs finished loading, I click on My Computer and then it freezes for several minutes.  Right click my computer, same thing happens.  Try to go to Start/Run same thing happens.

I've disabled all services at start up and it makes no difference.  I've tried using Process Monitor to find what is happening but can't find any issue.  I've looked at the Event Viewer logs and notice, around the time of it happening I see

PlugPlayManager warning with

Client side device installation was not performed for "ROOT\SWSKNDISMP \0000" because of user-interface dialogs have been suppressed.

I can't find anything on the net relating to this.  Does anyone have any ideas what this entry is?

Thanks

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi

Thanks for the reply.  I think I found that it was something relating to Lumension Sanctuary encryption in the end.

• Marked as answer by stevenwhiting Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:02 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:02 AM

All replies

• No idea off the top of my head with that warning. When it freezes does it come back and is eventually usable or do you have to reboot? does it freeze in safe mode ? Have you updated windows to latests patches and updated all the drivers to latest versions?

If there are any, remove all plug and play devices from the computer and try and boot. Things such as memory sticks, usb printers , usb light up xmas trees etc :)

www.mypchealth.co.uk
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:46 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for the reply.  I think I found that it was something relating to Lumension Sanctuary encryption in the end.

• Marked as answer by stevenwhiting Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:02 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:02 AM