moving mailboxes from exchange 2007 to another 2007 - move fails due to size - but no limits are set RRS feed

• Question

• moving from exchange server virtualized on Vmware server, to an exchange 2007 physical server.

esx is having some issues, and is overloaded, so by moving exchange off of the esx server not only do we free up memory and processing on the esx server, but it is being moved to a new fast physical server with ssd drives, tons of ram, woohoo!

the problem I am having is that some of the mailboxes fail to move, throwing up an MAPI error, and in event viewer i see a reference to the size of the mailbox exceeding limits, but I have no limts set anymore.

In the exchange management console for each 2007 exchange server I have right clicked on each mailbox database in the first storage group, gone to Properties, then Limits, and under storage limits nothing is checked, everything blank.

YET - some of the mailboxes are failing to move, and in event viewer I see the error below referring to size limits

is there someplace else I need to check the limit settings?

The mailbox for /o=mydomain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (blahblahblah)/cn=Recipients/cn=bsimpson has exceeded the maximum mailbox size. This mailbox cannot send or receive messages. Incoming messages to this mailbox are returned to sender. The mailbox owner should be notified about the condition of the mailbox as soon as possible

Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:33 PM

Answers

• and no limits are set on the mailboxes themselves?

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Marked as answer by kirkjames Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:09 PM
    Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:08 PM

All replies

• and no limits are set on the mailboxes themselves?

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Marked as answer by kirkjames Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:09 PM
    Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:08 PM
  • they were set to use Mailbox  Database Limits, once I unchecked that the mailboxes moved.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:12 PM