Problems since Personal Antivirus system updates RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed on my computer yesterday after restarting it that I had a new icon that reads "Personal Antivirus".  I have this small box that keeps rising from the right side of the screen with information pertaining to different websites that I am browsing.  Needless to say....I have no idea where this program came from but since having it I can not do much on my computer. 

For instance-- when I try to sign on to my "FACEBOOK" account I put my information in and then it pulls up a new tab with a white screen that reads "protectedmodeoff" (yes all the letters are together)....then I am redirected to enable my cookies....which I did and then it request a me to put my info back in and when I hit enter to get onto the site....I get a new redirecting page and the process starts all over again with the white screen.

I have never run into this problem before this mysterious program appeared on my desktop.  I have tried to locate the program to uninstall it, but it is on my C Drive and it does not appear in the section to uninstall programs.  I have right clicked and went into the properties section, but nothing is working....UGH!!!!  What can I do and where did this damn program come from? 

FYI:  This is the location of the the program if that will help explain my delema ====="C:\Program Files\PAV\pav.exe"

Please Please Please help me figure this problem out.
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Camishamcgrew,

Your computer is infected with a rogue security program.

See: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-antivirus

Also please follow to the letter the directions in this thread: How to get rid of malware

Hope this helps,
    Vincenzo Di Russo - Microsoft MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security - Since 2003. ~~~ My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 4:10 AM
  • SUPER EASY TO FIX

Click:  My computer
              C drive
             Program files
             Common files
              Uninstall
              PAV
              Uninstall PAV

and BAM!!! gone
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:31 AM
  • You are a igenius. I did what you said and it has gone. 

I am a female and not at all very educated on virus matters.  I have kapersky on.  Even then I am not sure how to use properly.  I worry that I may have other hidden viruses on there.  I would hate to think when searching through Google somebody else out there has all my information.

With this personal antivurus, do I need to change all my  passwords ect now for all my acounts, or anything I have to sign in to.

Many Thanks
    Sunshiness1

Sunday, August 9, 2009 10:01 AM