Problems with thumbnails RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, can any of you help me with my thumbnail problems, any help would be appreciated. . . 

Okay my thumbnails for pictures are working but my thumbnails for videos aren't instead it shows the icon of the video

Please help I'm sick of looking at this icons, I even tried to check off of the show thumbnails instead of icon but it's the same

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:55 PM

Answers

• I found the only way for "me" to get around that issue was to install K-lite codec pack and during installation select generate thumbnail for all video files. I hated that filmstrip icon myself. hope this helps!
    • Marked as answer by EyeForAnEye Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:09 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:03 PM

All replies

• I found the only way for "me" to get around that issue was to install K-lite codec pack and during installation select generate thumbnail for all video files. I hated that filmstrip icon myself. hope this helps!
    • Marked as answer by EyeForAnEye Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:09 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:03 PM
  • Where can I download it from?

Forget the first question, I already installed it but the thumbnails still won't show up. . .

Any other suggestions, btw thanks for trying DirtyOleBeggar

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:30 AM
  • Hey, DirtyOleBeggar thanks for your help, I installed the K-Lite Codec pack and it certainly works, although at first I said it didn't but the thumbnails for videos are finally working again (it just needed a reboot for the settings take effect) except for files such as .rmvb, .mkv. .

I'm happy but if possible can anyone help with this, thanks in advance. .

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:07 AM
  • Hey, DirtyOleBeggar thanks for your help, I installed the K-Lite Codec pack and it certainly works, although at first I said it didn't but the thumbnails for videos are finally working again (it just needed a reboot for the settings take effect) except for files such as .rmvb, .mkv. .

It should have worked for rmvb as well as mkv's... you may have missed adding the checks in generate thumbnails for those to extensions since they are both at the bottom of the listings for thumbnail generation. (all video file types are covered by it I personally have been using K-lite codecs for ages and have no problem with any video extensions)
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:23 PM

It should have worked for rmvb as well as mkv's... you may have missed adding the checks in generate thumbnails for those to extensions since they are both at the bottom of the listings for thumbnail generation. (all video file types are covered by it I personally have been using K-lite codecs for ages and have no problem with any video extensions)
    You could uninstall and reinstall the codec pack and make doubly sure you have all video extensions marked for thumbnail generation.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:23 PM
  • Perhaps the pack I'm using has different extensions than yours because I didn't see anything for rmvb's and mkv's, I'm using the mega pack. .

What about you,DirtyOleBeggar?

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:05 PM
  • Is your system 64bit? If so go to K-lite's or Fileforum website and download the 64bit codec pack (it only has select files that are 64bit which will bypass same said files in the 32bit megapack when called for). It will re-prompt you about the thumbnails.Otherwise I'm pretty much at a loss to explain why the megapack didn't allow you thumbnail generation for those 2 extensions specially the MKV.

Honestly I'm not sure why anyone still uses realplayer for encodes I'd try and get them redone or find .avi/.mkv versions of them if I was you.

Friday, April 29, 2011 12:59 PM