How to determine and delete unused roaming profiles which are getting stored on a Fileshare ? RRS feed

• Question

• Currently my fileshare is growing up heavily and we trying to find a way through which we can  determine and delete unused roaming profiles which are getting stored on a Fileshare.
    • Moved by Aaron.Parker Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:22 PM (From:App-V Server and Management)
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Does this question have anything to do with Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)? As you've posted in the App-V Server and Management forum, I can only assume that it does, but your wording of the question leads me to believe that it doesn't. If it does not, I'll move this thread to a more appropriate forum.

To answer your question, a bit of searching found this existing thread: Script to delete User roaming profiles and home Folder stored on server

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:40 PM
  • @Aaron : Solution which i am looking for is not the one mention in the thread provided above.

If this is not appropriate to forum, could you move it to relevant one. Thank you.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:05 PM
  • Hi,

Please check if this script could help:

Delete Unused User Profiles

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/305cb35b-e759-4368-8a60-7ec833b90bb8

You could modify some entries to meet your requirement.

Also PowerShell could help list properties of an AD user account. Please check the detailed information of:

get-qaduser administrator | select *

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 9, 2012 8:02 AM
  • @Aaron : Solution which i am looking for is not the one mention in the thread provided above.

I don't follow - you asked how to delete user's profiles stored on a file server (i.e. a network location), the script I've linked to has plenty of examples of how to look up the user in AD and delete their home folder. This could be modified to delete their profile instead.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, November 16, 2012 9:30 AM