none
Fiscal Periods in Time Intelligence Filter RRS feed

  • Question

  • I cannot seem to get Time Intelligence to work properly with my Fiscal Period hierarchy.

    I have a SSAS date hierarchy for Fiscal Period.  It is defined as Year - Week - Date.   I've tested it out in Excel, seems to work just fine.  Fiscal year starts on 8/1.

    In Dashboard Designer, I have created a data source that points to this hierarchy and have selected a reference date down to a day level.   This allows me to offer Year, Week and Day for the TI filter.

    So now my issue appears.  

    "Day" resolves just fine - it displays today's date.

    "Year.Firstday" also resolve just fine with 8/1/2009.

    "Week" resolves just fine - it displays the previous sunday's date.

    "Year" does not resolve fine, it is showing 

    [Date].[Fiscal - Year - Week - Date].[Fiscal Year].&[2010]
     it should be showing 2009.

    TI Ranges don't seem to work at all.  When I try Year.FirstDay:Year.Day I am getting my first date as:

    [Date].[Fiscal - Year - Week - Date].[Date].&[20090129] and the last date in the range as:

    [Date].[Fiscal - Year - Week - Date].[Date].&[20090801]   When it really should point to 8/1/2009 to today's date.

    We are running SP2 which we installed in mid December 2008.

    I'd really appreciate some assistance with this.

    Thanks

     

    Chris Fleming

     

     


    Chris Fleming
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:55 AM

All replies

  • Chris,
      I have a similar issue. 
      Were you able to resolve it?
     
      Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any solutions out there?!
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 9:12 PM
  • I found a workaround to the above problem. I haven't reached the cause, but it seems like PerformancePoint seems to have a problem when the reference date lies on the boundary of the fiscal year (especially when the fiscal year spans more than one calendar year).

    Example:
    Say Fiscal Year 2007 (FY 2007) runs from Oct 1. 2006 to Sep 30, 2007. I gave 10/01/2006 as the reference date for time intelligence in the data source. But I run into the problem mentioned above - in the Time Intelligence filter, the formula "Year" gets [Date][Fiscal Year].[Year].&[2010] instead of [Date][Fiscal Year].[Year].&[2009].

    PerformancePoint simply uses the reference date as a means to map into the cube (as long as the cube already has its Fiscal Date hierarchy set up properly). As such, providing another reference date, say FY 2007 -> Q3 -> APR -> 01, sets the reference point for PerformancePoint to map the cube elements to the right date. So, it maps 04/01/2007 to Q3 for its time intelligence calculations. This gets rid of the problem of incorrect years showing up in the filter formula.

    This is just a work around. If some one has a better solution, please post it.

    Friday, August 7, 2009 2:42 PM