The "Offline" Help feature Appears to be Scrambled RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I access the said file in Windows 7 Home Prem 64 bit Offline Help tool I get the _elbasuer_ error. Chkd regedit and no bluetooth lines noted in "Titles."
    Robert Harrison
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 4:40 AM

Answers

• Hi MTSF45,

Please try the following suggestions and see if the issue can be resolved:

1.     Click the Start button, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

2.     Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Assistance\Client\1.0\Namespaces\OEM\en-US\Topics

3.     On the left pane, right click the Topics entry, choose Export, select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name .

4.     Click Save .

Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named “backup.reg”. You can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the “backup.reg” file.

5.     Delete the BCRM_Bluetooth_Help string value (REG_SZ).

6.     Exit Registry Editor.

Please check if the Help and Support works now.

For more information, please refer to this thread: The offline contents of Help and Support becomes corrupted

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, May 31, 2010 1:33 AM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:07 AM

All replies

• Hi MTSF45,

Please try the following suggestions and see if the issue can be resolved:

1.     Click the Start button, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

2.     Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Assistance\Client\1.0\Namespaces\OEM\en-US\Topics

3.     On the left pane, right click the Topics entry, choose Export, select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name .

4.     Click Save .

Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named “backup.reg”. You can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the “backup.reg” file.

5.     Delete the BCRM_Bluetooth_Help string value (REG_SZ).

6.     Exit Registry Editor.

Please check if the Help and Support works now.

For more information, please refer to this thread: The offline contents of Help and Support becomes corrupted

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, May 31, 2010 1:33 AM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:07 AM
  • Linda,

Your solution is incorrect. It is a false solution that has been widely circulated.This _elbasuer_problem occurs on every computer I tested at Best Buy.

I visited my Registry and did not find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Assistance\Client\1.0\Namespaces\OEM\en-US\"Topics"  or a  BCRM_Bluetooth_Help value. The find feature yielded no results.

It appears that only online help is available in Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. This problem did not occur until I installed the Windows 7 upgrade from Vista.

Saturday, August 14, 2010 10:51 PM
  • Correction: windows 7 starter (32-bit) also contains the online help--which is screwed by the "elbasuer" issue. Otherwise jojomojo is correct in his statement; and mostly I find many other errors from contributors as most can't spell a damn! I mean, with spell-checker available in this forum, is it too much trouble for them to hit the icon?

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:11 AM