none
Project Server 2010 compatibility with IE11 and Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All!

Maybe a silly question since compatibility is always asked about older versions, but here is my question:

Is Project Server 2010 compatible with IE11 and Windows 8.1?

I personnaly tested with IE11 and it seems to be ok. All views and pages can be opened with IE11.

But what about windows 8.1? 

Has Microsoft done any communication about this?

Thanks in advance for your helps.

Guillaume.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:46 PM

All replies

• Haven't seen / looked for official communication from MS. Empirically, we've seen a few issues with editing web parts (pages) - you might need to use a different browser for that.

www.umt.com

Friday, November 15, 2013 7:39 PM
  • I am running on 8.1 and IE11 to our corporate SharePoint 2010 with Project Server 2010. I received the following error was shown when attempting to look at a project Gantt chart:

This Web Part requires at least Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0. For more
    information, contact your Project Server Administrator.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:36 PM
  • I am seeing a minor issue with the timesheet grid after users are upgraded from IE8 to IE11.

We are using Project Server 2010 with SP1 and Oct 2013 CU.

When some users (using IE11) switches between filters or views in the Timesheet page, the grid shrinks making to content un readable.  The only way to get it back is to refresh the page. After a refresh, the grid returns to normal size, but the pane divider is too far to the left and always must be dragged to the right in order to see the task names in the left grid. 

Monday, June 30, 2014 6:31 PM