none
Project Online Resource Management RRS feed

• Question

• We will be using project online for Resource Management - managing the workload on many machines - and do this function across the team collaboratively.

I was wondering how resources are managed in Project online. After loading tasks on my resources/machines , I need to be able to see/view how much workload is distributed on these resources/machines and if I can assign a pending task to the resource or shuffle the work around.

I would like to use 2 project pro and 2 project lite licenses to manage resources/machines.

Saturday, April 18, 2015 8:35 AM

All replies

• msayani2 --

Firstly, all of your people and machines need to b entered in the Enterprise Resource Pool.  For each of the machines you list, enter a Max. Units value that represents 100% multiplied by the number of machines you have.  For example, if you have three road graders, you would enter 300% in the Max. Units column for a Road Grader resource.

Next, you will need to build enterprise projects, add the required people and machines as team members in the project, assign the resources to each task as needed, and then save and publish each enterprise project.

To see how the workload is distributed for your resources, navigate to the Resource Center page and select the resources whose assignments and availability you want to study.  At the right end of the Resources ribbon, click the Resource Availability button.  On the Resource Availability, select the time range you want to use and you can then see the availability of your selected resources.  You can also click the Resource Assignments button to study how the resources are being used on tasks across all projects in Project Server.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Proposed as answer by Robert Ninić Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:24 PM
    Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:27 PM