none
Impact on HIS for Win 8 OS and BizTalk vNext? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am working on a sample application for Monitoring Host Integration Server 2010.

As we know Windows 8 OS is expected to release this year, we will be upgrading our System.

Currently I have installed Beta OS, How can I find out the impact on HIS for Win Server 8 OS.

What will be the areas where I need to investigate  to find whether HIS 2010 is fully compatible on this OS?

Also I am curious, that whether there will be a next version on HIS with BizTalk vNext?

Monday, April 9, 2012 12:55 PM

Answers

• HIS 2010 is not supported on Windows 8 at this time. There has not been any statements that it will be supported on Windows 8. The HIS Product Team will make this determination at some point in the near future. Since this has not been tested, we cannot say whether or not HIS 2010 is (or will be) fully compatible on Windows 8.

The following link is for the Raodmap for the next release of BizTalk Server (and HIS).

http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/roadmap.aspx

This new release is the version that will fully support Windows 8.

As I stated above, support of HIS 2010 on Windows 8 will be determined by the HIS Product Team as they investigate and test on this platform. The safest assumption would be that HIS 2010 R2 will be the version to use on Windows 8.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:20 PM

All replies

• HIS 2010 is not supported on Windows 8 at this time. There has not been any statements that it will be supported on Windows 8. The HIS Product Team will make this determination at some point in the near future. Since this has not been tested, we cannot say whether or not HIS 2010 is (or will be) fully compatible on Windows 8.

The following link is for the Raodmap for the next release of BizTalk Server (and HIS).

http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/roadmap.aspx

This new release is the version that will fully support Windows 8.

As I stated above, support of HIS 2010 on Windows 8 will be determined by the HIS Product Team as they investigate and test on this platform. The safest assumption would be that HIS 2010 R2 will be the version to use on Windows 8.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:20 PM
  • Thanks Stephen,

In the above reply you are talking about Windows Server 8, which is recently names as Windows Server 2012 ?

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Correct. Windows 8 Server will be officially called Windows Server 2012.

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:48 PM