Sharepoint foundation server failing when trying to install SCSM 2012 web portal RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am unable to configure the sharepoint foundation server for SCSM...it is asking for create new database server..  credentials and other information and then fails...whereas in some of the blogs, I see it asks for standalone server and then moves on to get started automatically and shows step 2 of 10 and then finishes smoothly...I dont know how.....

I have the SQL server installed on the same machine and the same machine is my AD and CA....i m installing web portal which requires sharepoint...I am stuck at configuration wizard

Please help

Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:40 PM

All replies

• hi,

I am unable to configure the sharepoint foundation server for SCSM...it is asking for create new database server..  credentials and other information and then fails...whereas in some of the blogs, I see it asks for standalone server and then moves on to get started automatically and shows step 2 of 10 and then finishes smoothly...I dont know how.....

I have the SQL server installed on the same machine and the same machine is my AD and CA....i m installing web portal which requires sharepoint...I am stuck at configuration wizard

Please help

BTW I have installed SQL 2012 standard.
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:41 PM
  • apply SharePoint 2010 SP1 before running the configuration wizard and then try again

Mohamed Fawzi | http://fawzi.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Pete Barbuto Friday, May 10, 2013 2:25 PM
    Saturday, May 4, 2013 7:43 AM