Office 2010 [Virtualized] Automatic Activation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have successfully sequenced Project 2010 using App-V and deployment kit. I am using MAK Activation key (msiexec /i OffVirt.msi PIDKEYS=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx USEROPERATIONS=1).

SCCM is used to deploy Project 2010. When user launches the application "Microsoft Office Activation Wizard" pop's up. Is it there is a workaround for automatic activation in App-V or in deployment kit.

Thanks in advance.

Fred

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Regardless if you use App-V or not - you should investigate VAMT to see if it fulfills your needs;

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11936

/Znack
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:48 PM
  • Hi Znack,

Is there is any way that product will activate without user/adminstrators intervention?

I am looking at, when virtual Project 2010 is launched by a user it should start activation without asking user because the MAK key would have been installed previously using deployment kit.

Regards,

Fred

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:10 PM
  • Hello,

I suggest you revisit my post above

/Znack
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:04 PM
  • Hi Znack,

I read that post. Its agian a extra task for the Admin. anyother way?

Regards,

Fred

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:33 PM
  • Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:43 PM
  • Hi,

These are for normal office application deployment, I am looking for App-v Virtualized office 2010 deployment with automatic activation.

Regards,

Fred

Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Whether Office is virtualized or not, activation is approached in the same way.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:05 AM
  • Hi,

you can activate it with an OSD Script. My Script looks like this:

<SCRIPT TIMING="PRE" EVENT="LAUNCH" WAIT="TRUE" PROTECT="TRUE">

>SCRIPTBODY>if not exist C:\\temp\\Off10x86.PR\\license.txt cscript.exe %SFT_MNT%\\Off10x86.PR\\Office14\\OSPP.vbs /act &gt; C:\\temp\\Off10x86.PR\\license.txt</SCRIPTBODY>

</SCRIPT>

The first Part is the activation with the OSPP.vbs (integrated in the Office Package) and the second part is just a dummy file to prevent it from activating every startup.

Hope i could help.

best regards

Philipp

Friday, August 5, 2011 6:32 AM
  • Hi Philipp,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try this.

Regards,

Fred

Friday, August 5, 2011 9:52 AM
  • Hi Philipp,

Its not working for me. Anything i need to check. Its not creating the % temp% while launching.

Regards,

Fred

Friday, August 5, 2011 2:24 PM
  • Hello Fred,

I think you would perhaps receive better replies in case you explained what you have attempted todo, how you are doing it and what the results were - and how you confirmed those.

"Not working" usually doesn't offer any great insights about your specific environment.

Have you attempted to run the script against a native Office installation to verify that it works?

/Znack
    Friday, August 5, 2011 4:09 PM
  • Hi Philipp,

Its not working for me. Anything i need to check. Its not creating the % temp% while launching.

Regards,

Fred

Hey Fred,

but the activation works? You should set the LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED Policy to true. 

regards

Philipp

Monday, August 8, 2011 6:29 AM