none
Projects doesn't update after migration to 2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • After migration from PS 2010 to 2013, we start to have problems with project updates.

    This is what happens:

    1. When I update a project form Project Professional, save, publish --> everything is ok. (no errors)
    2. I open the user timesheet and the task is there as it should.
    3. Then I report task progress --> everything ok (no errors)
    4. The PM approves the submited task progress --> ewverything ok (no errors)
    5. Then I open the project in Project Professional and there is no signs of task prorgress update (the actual work stays the same, the resource usage doesn't show the hours submited.

    That happens with all projects on server.

    Already opened a ticket on MS. Took me almost a month to get to a solution. Install a new farm...

    I installed a new farm, migrate again the PWA databases content and Data (this migration was directly from 2013 to new farm in 2013).

    But, guess what? The behavior is the same.

    Does anybody knows what could be the problem? I have a lot of custom fields in PWA and custom views and tables (in Project Professional).

    Thank you in advanced.

    Friday, June 28, 2013 4:32 PM

Answers

  • The issue was on a custom field.

    I need to remove one by one to find the faulty one.

    • Marked as answer by Ric MC Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:39 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:39 PM

All replies

  • Is this issue reproducible with new projects created in 2013?

    Did you prepare the environment before

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff603504.aspx

    And also completed the post migration tasks after migration?

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686780.aspx


    Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

    Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:23 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Hrishi, 

    Yes, all the projects have the same behavior.

    I used the links that you suggested and I already followed them during the migration process.

    I'm trying a desperate solution, I'm creating a new WebApp and new instances and I will try to migrate the mpp files and publish the files again.

    I'm afraid that the issue could be related with Enterprise custom fields/tables or custom views on the EG.

    Thank you.

    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 12:09 PM
  • Have you looked at queue jobs? While testing , I did observed one issue, where when you delete and re-provision pwa site previous Project Server timer jobs won't get re-associated with PWA site.


    Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 5:44 PM
    Moderator
  • This is a very strange case, because we (me and MS) already checked almost everything (of course that something is missing) and the solution was to create a new farm. I did it, and the issue persists.

    I run a new test:

    • in the same server, created a new web app, a new pwa instance, totally cleaned, without any customization.
    • Create a brand new project and everything worked perfectly.
    • Then I used a mpp file from the corrupted instance, and published in the new pwa instance, and everything worked perfectly.

    So, I'm leaning to say that the issue could be in the EG customizations.

    Do you know how can I clean all the customizations?

    Thank you.

    Thursday, July 4, 2013 8:35 AM
  • To clear out your EG customizations.

    Open Project Pro and open PWA

    1) INFO

    2) Organize Global Template

    3) Open Enterprise Global

    Then go to the Organizer and DELETE anything that looks like a custom for the "Global"

    I pay particular attention to the Modules tab.

    Cheers!


    Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:42 PM
    Moderator
  • In your opening statement you say the PM approves the tasks and then you open Project Pro and do not see the updates. 

    Are you and the PM the same person?  If the PM opens Project Pro, does he see the updates?

    Can you check that the project "owner" and the "Status Manager" are the same?

    Cheers


    Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:51 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Michael, 

    Yes, I already checked that.

    The issue occurs in brand new projects on the "corrupt" (let's call it that) pwa instance.

    I will try to clean all customizations and see if it works.

    Thank you very much.

    Thursday, July 4, 2013 4:38 PM
  • The issue was on a custom field.

    I need to remove one by one to find the faulty one.

    • Marked as answer by Ric MC Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:39 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:39 PM