none
Can We Recover Data from Formatted Hard Drive? RRS feed

• Question

• My brother had accidentally formatted my sister's wedding videos on my hard drive last night. Is there any way I can get them back? Any idea can be appreciated.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:54 AM

All replies

• Hello Lynnmanager,

Unfortunately this is not the correct forum where this question should've been posted. Bow that it has been posted here, let me direct you you in the right direction. Data once written to a Hard drive is committed and is always there on it even though the HDD was formatted.

You can use 3rd party tools to recover the same from the formatted HDD. But Microsoft does not have any such tools to recover any data from a HDD which has been formatted.

Regards,

Anuj

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

Regards, AJ (MSFT)

• Proposed as answer by ANUJ_MSFT Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:17 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:10 PM
  • Where can I get the third party tools to recover my videos?
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:23 AM
  • Hi Lynn,

There are ample tools available online. You will have to search and purchase them. Choose the one which suits you best.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All. Regards, AJ (MSFT)

• Proposed as answer by ANUJ_MSFT Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:35 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:35 PM
  • OK! Thank you! I will search it. But I have to purchase it for the recovering? Are there some free ones? Where can I get a free one?
    • Edited by lynnmanager Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:49 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:45 AM
  • Hi Lynn,

Unfortunately we will not be able to recommend any.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All. Regards, AJ (MSFT)

• Proposed as answer by ANUJ_MSFT Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:49 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:49 AM
  • Hi Lynn,

Please let us know if there are any further questions where we can be of any help. At this point I hope the post has been answered.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:59 PM
  • OK! Thank you for your caring. I have googled "free recovery tool" and searched a pile of forums that have talked about this topic. So after reading their answers, I just get a free recovery program, which has been highly recommended. Fortunately, it has successfully restored my video. Thank goodness!

Friday, November 30, 2012 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

You can recover lost data from hard disk with the help of Data Recovery Software.Nowadays There are so many software available .You can also take a help from here http://www.softwaredatarecovery.net

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:07 AM