Your search returned no results. Some files might be hidden, include these in your search RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Search was working perfectly fine in the server application.

Last few days I was encoutering few issues with server and as the process of troubleshooting and resolving the issue, I had restarted many services and search host controller service was one among them.

After which I noticed that I search for any item, I receive the following error:

"Your search returned no results. Some files might be hidden, include these in your search".

What can be the cause of the issue and what solutions can I try to resolve the issue.

Plz Advice

-Thanks,

Alex

Sunday, June 19, 2016 6:57 AM

Answers

• Hi RonjohnMSU,

According to your description, my understanding is that when you searched items in search box it displayed “Your search returned no results. Some files might be hidden, include these in your search”.

Whether the issue exists both in search center and inplace Search on document libraries and lists?

For your issue, please check the crawl logs in Search Administration page (Central Administration) to see what content is actually being crawled.

Are you crawling the default zone? Make sure the default zone of Web applications are included in the content source.

Make sure the default content access account has read access to the content databases.

Check if the site is accessible from the search server: click Site Actions -> Site Settings -> Site Administration ->Search and offline availability, please make sure: 1) The Allow this site to appear in search results option is set to Yes. 2) The Always index all Web Parts on this site option is selected.

Make sure SharePoint search related services are started: SharePoint server search, the windows services SharePoint server search 15 and SharePoint Time service.

Start a full crawl, IIS reset.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 20, 2016 2:10 AM