none
PSError: ArchiveProjectFailure (25000) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello All,

    The Project Server 2010 queue is showing "Failed But Not Blocking Correlation" error for Archive Project job type.

    It is odd to see that over 170 projects were successfully processed before the below error message started to show for the remaining projects (300+)

    The ULS log record is as below:

    Standard Information:PSI Entry Point:   
    Project User: myfarmadmin  
    Correlation Id: 70604db7-50ef-42fd-aee5-840d8ab1a609  
    PWA Site URL: mypwaurl  
    SSP Name: Project Server 2010  
    PSError: ArchiveProjectFailure (25000) Request to archive project from the Project Server working database to the archive database failed - the relevant job failed in the Queue. 
    Project UID: ee05961f-652f-4da2-aae4-890ed2f24c98. 
    Sub-job type where failure occurred: Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.QueueMsg.ArchiveRetentionDeleteMessage. Sub-job ID where failure occurred: . Specific stage in the sub-job where failure occurred: . Does this failure block the correlated job group: DontBlock. See the 'Manage Queue' page in PWA for more details.

    everything looks fine on the CA.

    Any clues on what might be the root cause of the issue?

    Appreciate all your inputs.

    Thanks,

    SG

    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:40 PM

Answers

  • Suspecting that there is a culprit project, need to move away from the backup process

    On the draft Db/tables, execute the following to get the projects ready for archive
    Exec MSP_GET_PROJECTS_TO_ARCHIVE

    select proj_name,PROJ_CURRENT_REV_COUNTER from msp_projects
    By running this query, you can get the rev counter of the project.
    Decresing it will move away from the backup

    Note: Open a case with MS when you do it in production as it requires database edition


    Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:32 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • The is bad data in one of our projects.  You can find the bad project by writing a SQL query on MSP_Projects and select the project using the PROJECT UID to get the name of the project.

    Then I would open and publish that project and see if it publishes without error.  Then after republishing, see if the Archive is now working.

    Cheers!


    Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 11:23 PM
    Moderator
  • I've ran into this on test servers where the following has fixed the above error - Sometimes checking the service (start-> administrative tools -> services)for "Microsoft Project - Project Event Services" and/or the "Project Queuing Service" - ensure they are both started (not disabled) and that the user is not a local account but a service account with appropriate access to the SQL Server

    Also never hurts to do an IISRESET(scheduled of course)

    Probably not a fix however, but never hurts to check - check to see if the user, myfarmadmin, has sufficient privs (sounds crazy) to perform the operation on the project server database

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:17 AM
  • Suspecting that there is a culprit project, need to move away from the backup process

    On the draft Db/tables, execute the following to get the projects ready for archive
    Exec MSP_GET_PROJECTS_TO_ARCHIVE

    select proj_name,PROJ_CURRENT_REV_COUNTER from msp_projects
    By running this query, you can get the rev counter of the project.
    Decresing it will move away from the backup

    Note: Open a case with MS when you do it in production as it requires database edition


    Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:32 AM
    Moderator
  • Hello All,

    We did monitor the queue for last couple of days and still seeing the same issue. However the projects that were published and archived successfully at first are now failing and vice versa.

    We did publish a failing project manually and it was successfully archived by the sync job. As there is a large number of projects, i'm not sure of tracking it down to a bad project or how to narrow it down

    This is the first time since the roll-out that i'm seeing this issue. If nothing else, than i'm going to reach out to Microsoft

    I'll post the findings soon

    Thanks,

    soumitra

    Friday, August 29, 2014 4:29 PM