window 7 starter RRS feed

• Question

• i need help. i have a window 7 starter and after i put my password it goes straight to a black screen with a magnified keyboard. i can get thru to ctrl+alt+delete but i dont know what to do after that. im totally lost and i had this laptop for only 7 months. can anyone help me?
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Friday, December 31, 2010 2:17 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Friday, December 31, 2010 9:33 AM

Answers

• Hello, here's something to try:

Shut down your computer, then start it in Safe Mode by following these instructions.  If you can successfully reach your desktop in Safe Mode, we can try a system repair by using System Restore.  Click here for instructions on using System Restore to "go back in time" to when the computer was working.

Please let us know the outcome.  If you get stuck or have questions, just reply back.  Happy New Year!

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, January 7, 2011 9:14 AM
    Saturday, January 1, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Try rebooting your computer, and continuously tapping F8 (about once a second) until you get a list of options to choose for safe mode.  If you see the "Starting Windows" animation, it's past the point where you can get to the menu.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hello, here's something to try:

Shut down your computer, then start it in Safe Mode by following these instructions.  If you can successfully reach your desktop in Safe Mode, we can try a system repair by using System Restore.  Click here for instructions on using System Restore to "go back in time" to when the computer was working.

Please let us know the outcome.  If you get stuck or have questions, just reply back.  Happy New Year!

Saturday, January 1, 2011 3:15 PM
  • hello there,

im having a hard time getting my computer to go into safe mode.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:47 AM
  • Try rebooting your computer, and continuously tapping F8 (about once a second) until you get a list of options to choose for safe mode.  If you see the "Starting Windows" animation, it's past the point where you can get to the menu.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:37 PM
  • i got my computer to safe mode but its not showing me any windows icons.
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:57 AM
  • my computer goes into safe mode but it still shows a black screen. is there any way i could fix this problem by CTRL+ALT+delete?
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:00 AM