Microsoft Word macro since last update RRS feed

• Question

• Since the last updates the message keeps coming up when I try to edit word items I have copied--the function you are attempting to use contain macros or content that requires macro language support. I have gone to the trust center and enabled all macros and the same message keeps appearing.
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you please check the Office version? Maybe you could refer to About Office: What version of Office am I using? to have a check.

As far as I know, the error message often occurs with Visual Basic for Application or some add-ins. Please follow the below steps to check whether they are helpful.

1. Check the add-ins. Please refer to step 4 and step 5 in the part of Determine which COM add-in program is causing the problem.

2. When all add-ins are all disables, but the error message still comes up, please check your Office installation version, MSI or C2R? To determine it, you could refer to Determining your Office version – MSI vs. C2R

If it is MSI, you could search the Control Panel and open it > Programs > Programs and Features > Right click the Office, click Change > Add/Remove Features > Expand Office Shared Features > Click on the little arrow attached to Visual Basic for Application > Select Run from my  Computer > Continue. Then you could open the word document and check the issue.

You could also uninstall the recent updates. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > View installed updates on the left > Right click the recent updates and uninstall them one by one.

If it is C2R, you could try to revert to an earlier version of Office. This article is suitable for the C2R version Office. 

You could also try to repair Office. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Right click the Office, click Change > Quick Repair. If the Quick Repair is not helpful, please try Online Repair.

If the steps above don’t work, maybe you might check the macros.

If you have any updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Emily 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:08 AM
  • Just a side note: Enabling all macros is not a way to safely run Word connected to the Internet. As a diagnostic it may be useful.

Does the document contain any ActiveX controls.

.docx files?

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:00 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:52 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they are helpful. Your action would help other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Emily

Friday, November 1, 2019 10:25 AM