Regional-settings RRS feed

• Question

•  

I wish to virtualize regional-settings.

Change the registry entries in the HKCU\Control Panel\Internationl doesn't seem todo the trick.

Why is this? Do I have to initiate something to read the values in my virtual application?

/znack

Monday, June 16, 2008 10:02 AM

Answers

• It's probably because application asks those settings via API (not reading the registry directly) and Win32 API reports whatever is in the real registry as it does not run inside the bubble.

br,

Kalle

Saturday, June 21, 2008 8:05 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:35 AM
  •  

Well, that doesn't work...

I have sequenced office 2003 with some essbase plugins and the user request basically is that they want an per application dependet regional setting.

Fine, I said - didn't make any promises but since the settings are saved as registry values (of somekind) in the profile I really didn't anticipate any problems.

However, they key I have been testing with is the sDecimal (because it is really easy in excel).

I change it between ".", "," and ";".

If I change it locally - it reflects what I set it to (no matter if it is softgrid, or a classical installation).

However, with or without local interaction I can not get the virtual value to have any difference in what excel uses for regional settings.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:06 AM
  •  

if you're setting the regional settings by manually changing registry entries try using intl.cpl

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:12 AM
  • Hello,

This effects the local system.

(local interaction allowed set to true)

Meaning it changes the regional setting for softgrid, aswell as for my local excel 2007 installation.

Conclusion; I might aswell manually change the local registry (which I tested and verified) as changing that setting....

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:17 AM
  • It's probably because application asks those settings via API (not reading the registry directly) and Win32 API reports whatever is in the real registry as it does not run inside the bubble.

br,

Kalle

Saturday, June 21, 2008 8:05 PM