none
DPMBackup -replicas, so I've done copying them elsewhere, how to I clean them away? RRS feed

• Question

• The "DPMBackup -replicas" command mounts a read-only snapshot of each replica so that one can ("backup the files using third-party means").

Once one is done with these mounted read-only snapshots, how does one "release them", "clean them away", "make them go away again"?

I assume that once the snapshot itself expires from the RPV, the mountpoint target will also disappear.  However, it's not clear whether the folders used as mountpoints will also be cleaned away?

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, the snapshots created by the dpmbackup -replicas will be deleted based on the retention goals of the protection group the data sources belong to.  Once deleted, they will no longer be mounted.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:04 PM