none
Help With Group Management RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everybody,

I was wondering if anybody has dealt with something like this in the past. Basically the idea is to allow certain people access to manage specific groups. For example lets say I want Jane Doe to be able to manage the "Intern" security group to allow her to be able add and remove users. Which rights does she need in FIM? We currently have several groups in FIM but I only want Jane Doe to be able to see the groups which have her listed as Owner. 

Ideally Jane would not be able to create any new groups and only manage groups that have her listed as owner.

Monday, November 18, 2013 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is already MPR for group owners which allows to access and manage their groups.

There is as well MPR which allows users to see groups - you can limit it so they will see just their groups, and remove object creation right.

You will need as well to have somebody who will be able to create groups (so you will have to prepare separate MPR for group administrators or only FIM administrators will have right to do it).

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (http://IDArchitect.NET)

Monday, November 18, 2013 11:28 PM