none
Project online - Licenses only for administrators or all team members? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I do a survey for our company to find out which PPM is the most suitable for us.

How does the collaboration work with Project Online?  I just registered for the trial for Project Standard. We as the company have license for Office 365.  

1. 1.How does it work with the licenses, do all team members have to have a separate license (within our Office 365 company license)?
    2. Can we include some collaborators among our suppliers out of our company premises?

Thanks,

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Stefan,

Project Standard does not allow you connecting to Project Online. You need Project Professional 2016 (traditional licence) or Project for O365 (monthly subscription).

If you already have O365 in your company, then you just have to add the Project Online service and assign licences to your teams. Note that every user does need a licence. For the team members who will have a basic usage of the application (timesheet, collaboration, task updates), they need Project Lite. Project Managers will need Project Online licence, eventually with Project for O365. You could of course include external users, but they'll also need a licence, so an account in your O365 domain. 

Note that from Aug 1st, there is a change in the licencing model: Project Lite becomes Project Essentials, and Project Online is now splitted between Project Professional and Project Premuim.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Guillaume, is there a link you can post that details the licencing changes?

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:23 AM
  • Hi Ben, 

I was actually looking for that. Also asking Yuval if he could send us the slides from last week presentation, but nothing has been released publicly yet. I just took some screenshots from Yuval's presentation.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:36 AM
  • Thanks Guillaume, I've sent you an email regarding this.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:03 AM