none
Exchange 500 Error ECP and Logon Screen for OWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm running Exchange 2016 on Windows 2016 DC.  Everything was working fine and the last time I used ECP was Jan 31, 2019.  I went on vacation for a month, came back installed Python, MySQL, and it appears Exchange Server Cum Update 9.  All of sudden I'm getting error 500 when logging on to ECP.  I found on a Microsoft forum a bunch of commands to enter in the management shell, entered them, resetiis a bunch of times after these commands and still I get the 500 error.

What else happened after entering all the commands, the GUI logon page for OWA disappeared and now I'm getting a popup box to logon to OWA.  OWA works fine, I just lost the logon screen. 

All MS Exchange services are up and running, I'm not sure why it stopped, if I were to guess it has to do with Update 9.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Exchange is not supported on a DC.

Also why you are installing so many software on Exchange server, those can break Exchange.

Remove those and install latest CU for Exchange 2016 (CU12).

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:20 AM
  • Ashish (Exchange Rocks) is wrong.  Exchange is supported on a DC.  However, it is strongly discouraged, as is collocating other application services.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 3:38 PM