Cannot desinstall internet explorer RRS feed

• Question

• I have strange problem with internet explorer 11 under windows 10. I would like to deinstall and reinstall it but it doesn note appear in my program list in the deinstall section ???? Any idea.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Monday, June 20, 2016 3:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• That's the problem I cannot uninstall internet explorer, it doesn't show on my program list for uninstall

Monday, June 20, 2016 4:57 PM
  • How Can i reset or reinstall ? How do I stop it. What is the use to do This

Monday, June 20, 2016 7:02 PM
  • Hi tipolosimpson,

If you want to reset IE, please check this article.

How to reset Internet Explorer settings:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

In addition, this article may also help you.

How to repair or reinstall Internet Explorer in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/318378

Best Regards,

Tao

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by tipolosimpson Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:24 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:41 AM
  • doesn note appear in my program list

That's right.  IE is a component of the OS.  The most you can do with it is uncheck it in Windows Features.  One would hope that unchecking and checking it there might have the effect of reinitializing it (since after all a reboot is forced for at least one of those steps).  Sadly this is not the case.  It just hides/unhides  iexplore.exe  and its shortcuts--working as designed.

Actually there is one possibility that I have not seen anyone say what happens with:  use DISM to remove the feature and make it install on demand.  Surely that would remove the modules and therefore make them reinitialize.  Who knows?

C:\>dism /online /disable-feature /? | find /i "remove"
    /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:<name_in_image> [/PackageName:<name_in_image>] [/Remove]
      Use /Remove to remove a feature without removing the feature's manifest from the
      image. The feature will be listed as 'Disabled with Payload Removed' when using
            /PackageName:Microsoft.Windows.Calc.Demo~6595b6144ccf1df~x86~en~1.0.0.0 /Remove

C:\>

You could be first to try this innovative idea.  Tip: since there is a strong possibility that  explorer.exe  might no longer work after doing this (depending on how complete it would be), I would make sure that I had a backup of my OS and knew how to use it.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, June 25, 2016 4:25 PM
    Answerer