PDF prints with different margins cut off on different PCs RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 computers (C1, C2 and C3), 1 server and 2 printers (P1 and P2) in a network.  2 of the computers are running Windows 10 Pro and the other computer is running Windows 7 Pro.  I have one PDF file on the server that on a drive mapped to all 3 computers.  When printing this PDF file from computer C1 to either printer P1 or P2, the file prints with the left margin partially cut off.  When printing this same PDF file from computer C2 to either printer P1 or P2, the file prints with the top margin partially cut off.  When printing this PDF file from computer C3 to either printer P1 or P2, the file prints just fine.  I've used Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (same version) on all 3 computers, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome to print.  All have the same outcome.  I've uninstalled all the software and printers from each computer, re-installed and still the same outcome.  I've validated the printer properties and printer preferences are the same across the 3 computers (with the exception of various Windows 10 Pro vs Windows 7 Pro variations).  The 2 computers running Windows 10 Pro were running Windows 7 Pro previously and they still printed with the margins cut off the exact same way.  I've also tried other PDF files with the same exact results.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:54 AM

All replies

• Very strange, I have only one idea:

Create a system image on that good computer C3, restore this image on another two computers, make sure all computers have the completely same image and configurations, then print PDF again via P1 and P2, see if still exits margins cut off issue.

Create a system image from here:

Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

If this method still cannot change current situation, it is not a system related issue, you need to contact manufacturer support for help.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:06 AM