Problem accessing MANAGING ANOTHER ACCOUNT in USER ACCOUNTS RRS feed

• Question

• I run as an administrator on Windows 7 (I have recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7). I do not have access to "Change your account name", "Change your account type", "Manage another account" and "Change User Account Control Settings" that are all options underneath User Accounts in Control panel.  The UAC shiled (blue and yellow shield) lies next to all 4 options named above and I assume it is blocking my access to these options.  I would like to create a new user account that will be my STANDARD USER ACCOUNT and cannot do this because my access is denied when I try to click on "Manage another account" to follow the steps to create such a STANDARD ACCOUNT...  When I say access is denied - I mean I click on these 4 options and no other windows open and nothing happens further.  This is an urgent matter that needs to be resolved ASAP- please help!
    Friday, September 24, 2010 12:21 PM

Answers

• Hi, please make sure the account you which you login is administrator. Try to login with  Safe Mode and create another administrator for test:

1. Reboot in to safe mode

2. Log in with the administrator

3. Go into users accounts

4. Create a new admin account with a password.

5. Exit out and reboot in normal mode.

6. Login using your new account name and password.

7.  Good luck!!!!

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, October 4, 2010 1:14 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 7:05 AM

All replies

• I run as an administrator on Windows 7 (I have recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7). I do not have access to "Change your account name", "Change your account type", "Manage another account" and "Change User Account Control Settings" that are all options underneath User Accounts in Control panel.  The UAC shiled (blue and yellow shield) lies next to all 4 options named above and I assume it is blocking my access to these options.  I would like to create a new user account that will be my STANDARD USER ACCOUNT and cannot do this because my access is denied when I try to click on "Manage another account" to follow the steps to create such a STANDARD ACCOUNT...  When I say access is denied - I mean I click on these 4 options and no other windows open and nothing happens further.  This is an urgent matter that needs to be resolved ASAP- please help!
    Friday, September 24, 2010 12:20 PM
  • Hi, please make sure the account you which you login is administrator. Try to login with  Safe Mode and create another administrator for test:

1. Reboot in to safe mode

2. Log in with the administrator

3. Go into users accounts

4. Create a new admin account with a password.

5. Exit out and reboot in normal mode.

6. Login using your new account name and password.

7.  Good luck!!!!

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, October 4, 2010 1:14 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 7:05 AM