none
Timesheet is not showing project tasks - where My Tasks is displaying properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing a strange issue, where my timesheet is not displaying the project tasks published in the current week where as my tasks page is showing the published tasks in the current week properly.

Resource is able to enter the hours in the my tasks page and able to send the status on the tasks to project manager. But the timesheet is not displaying the same tasks and resource is not able to enter the latest timesheet to the resource manager.

Can anyone please suggest, what might be the issue and how to resolve it? Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards
    Ravishankar Polepalli (MCP,MCC)
    Microsoft Dynamics, Project Server and SharePoint Server Consultant
    ravi.polepalli@gmail.com

Monday, September 10, 2012 12:33 PM

All replies

• Just check if you can add that particular task in Time sheet by Clicking Insert ROW>Insert Task option.

Abhijeet

Monday, September 10, 2012 1:24 PM
  • This project & task is coming on the insert task window in the time sheet.

But when i selecting the task and click ok, it is not actually adding the same to the timesheet and giving error when saving it , stating duplicate (General Object Already Exists). I assume, this is available in the back end but not showing in the front end.

I went to MPP of this project, and saw all the tasks are showing completed (100%). I did % completion = 0 and published it again, now the tasks are showing in the timesheet .. very strange.

# 2

again, i created a new task, with % completion = 50 and published it. now its coming to my tasks showing 50% work is pending, but not displaying on the timesheet. very very strange issue.

Am i missing anything here, how can we publish the tasks which are already partially / fully completed (marked directly in MPP).

Please suggest , this is a critial issue.

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards
    ravi.polepalli@gmail.com

Monday, September 10, 2012 4:52 PM
  • Just FYI

I am able to create the partially completed/ fully completed tasks to the new timesheets (i mean which are in progress or not submitted).

But some of the tasks are still not coming up until i republish them. Not able to understand these kind of scenarios.

Thanks & Regards
    ravi.polepalli@gmail.com

Friday, September 14, 2012 1:41 PM