Avoid listing membership of a group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

When user select in Outlook client to request - delivery notification he get's listed membership of distribution group when sending to that group.

How to avoid "exposing" membership list of distribution group to "external users"?

With best regards

B

bostjanc

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 11:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Bostjanc,

Sorry for late reply. Based on my test, it seems unachievable in current design.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by B_C_R Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:03 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To confirm your requirement, you want to hide the members of a distribution group for the user who is not in that group, right? If I have any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Based on my test, when a user requests the delivery report, there is always a list of distribution group members appearing. 
    If you want to prevent distribution group members from displaying only in the scenario users click the group name in a message or in GAL, you can change a parameter in ADUC. Open ADUC, click View in the navigation pane and select Advanced Features. Double click the group name, find hideDLMembership in the Attribute Editor and set it to True.

Please feel free to post your questions, and I am glad to provide further assistance.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:05 AM
  • Hi there.

Hidding members with adsiedit is not what we would like to achieve (we already tried that eith adsiedit approach). We would like to avoid showing members list when sender request delivery report.

Is it even possible to achieve that?

With best regards

B

bostjanc

Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:33 AM
  • Hi Bostjanc,

Sorry for late reply. Based on my test, it seems unachievable in current design.

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

• Marked as answer by B_C_R Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:03 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:32 AM
  • thanks for the reply.

bostjanc

Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:03 AM