none
Issue with accesing the c drive with administrative permission. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello sir,

This is Shyam Singh. Some days before my windows profile account got corrupted and I made a new account with the admin privileges but I am getting some issue which I unable to solve it.

Issues are as follows.

1.I cannot access the c drive for writing but I can read the content from the drive.

2. I cannot download the software 

3. I have a problem with CMD because of the path defined previously.

4. Unable to delete the files.

Friday, January 5, 2018 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you in a workgroup or domain? What about other account with admin privileges?

1.You can't write to c drive anywhere or some specific folder?

Right click the c drive or any folder that you can write to, secure tab, make sure the user has the write permission.

2.What is error when you download a software? Where did you download it? 

3.Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 , right click it to see if your user has full control of it.

4. Write behavior is the same as delete, if you don't have write permission, you can't delete it neither.

There is a quick way to reset all security permissions to default :

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d09a393b-68df-43de-9f31-735f83242497/quick-way-to-reset-all-security-permissions-to-default-windows-7?forum=w7itprosecurity

You can delete the corrupted user profile and create a new one, please refer to:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/156826/how-to-disable-and-delete-user-profiles

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 8, 2018 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

If have any updates, please feel free to contact me.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 1:57 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:08 AM