Difference between content and file creation dates RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Word 2010 file that has a different date for Content Created than Date Created.  Can anyone explain the difference is between these two? 

Thank you.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:16 PM

Answers

• Here is what I found:

Date Created is the time when the document is created.

Content Created has two status:

i. When the document is created and we don't add any content (Text, Table, Chart, etc) to the document, it will be set the same value as "Date Created".

ii. Once we add any content to the document, and have it saved, it will obtain a new time value - the time we save the document with new added conten. (After that, this value won't change any more, just like "Date Created".)

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Max Meng Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, November 26, 2012 1:35 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:10 AM

All replies

• Here is what I found:

Date Created is the time when the document is created.

Content Created has two status:

i. When the document is created and we don't add any content (Text, Table, Chart, etc) to the document, it will be set the same value as "Date Created".

ii. Once we add any content to the document, and have it saved, it will obtain a new time value - the time we save the document with new added conten. (After that, this value won't change any more, just like "Date Created".)

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Max Meng Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, November 26, 2012 1:35 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:10 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support
    A new Office has arrived, try it now.
    A beautiful Start. It begins here. Windows 8 and Windows RT.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:32 AM
  • I've marked the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

• Edited by Max Meng Monday, November 26, 2012 1:36 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2012 1:35 AM