Access Services 2010 on SharePoint 2013 - Access 2010 refuses to publish RRS feed

• Question

• The environment:

• SharePoint 2013
    • Access Services 2010 service app provisioned and started
    • SharePoint claims-based web application running an older SharePoint 2010 site collection

I am attempting to publish an Access 2010 database, from Access 2010, to this SharePoint 2010 site running on SharePoint 2013.  However, I keep getting the error message "The version of Microsoft Access Services installed on the server is a newer version that is not compatible with the version of Microsoft Access you are using."

I thought this was the entire point of Microsoft providing Access Services 2010, for backwards compatibility?  Or should this work, and there's a problem somewhere?

Monday, January 12, 2015 4:30 PM

Answers

• Hi sidasta,

For troubleshotting your issue, please let's verify the followings:

1. Whether you test on other machines. Please test on other machine with Access 2010, compare the result.
    2. Whether this issue occurres for other SharePoint 2010 mode site collections. Please create a new SharePoint 2010 mode site collection, then test again, compare the result.
    3. Whether this issure occurres for SharePoint 2013 mode site collection.
    4. Whether you could use "Open with Access". Please go to a list, and click "Open with Access", then re-publish back to SharePoint, compare the result.

Please try to stop Access Database Service 2010 and Access Service in manage services on server, then restart them.

If this issue still exists, please feel free to reply.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by sidasta Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:46 AM
  • The issue here was the version of Access 2010 installed on the machine. I downloaded Office Professional Plus 2010 from MSDN and this solved the problem. Thanks!
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hi sidasta,

For troubleshotting your issue, please let's verify the followings:

1. Whether you test on other machines. Please test on other machine with Access 2010, compare the result.
    2. Whether this issue occurres for other SharePoint 2010 mode site collections. Please create a new SharePoint 2010 mode site collection, then test again, compare the result.
    3. Whether this issure occurres for SharePoint 2013 mode site collection.
    4. Whether you could use "Open with Access". Please go to a list, and click "Open with Access", then re-publish back to SharePoint, compare the result.

Please try to stop Access Database Service 2010 and Access Service in manage services on server, then restart them.

If this issue still exists, please feel free to reply.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by sidasta Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:46 AM
  • The issue here was the version of Access 2010 installed on the machine. I downloaded Office Professional Plus 2010 from MSDN and this solved the problem. Thanks!
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:49 AM