internet explorer upgrade installation problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on reinstalling all programs on my windows 7 home premium with SP1 for PC.  It has internet explorer installed, but several programs I try to install say I need to upgrade IE.  When I download the upgrade from teh microsoft web site, it says thanks for downloading, but I don't see where it downloaded to install it.  Please help. Thank you very much.   
    Saturday, October 1, 2016 4:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Pathoag,

When you download the IE 11 for Windows 7 in the official website, do you see the prompt “Do you want to run or save it from download.microsoft.com”? I suggest that we could manually install IE11. Please refer to the link below to download.

https://www.microsoft.com/zh-cn/download/Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7-details.aspx

Please note: Using the “change system” option to choose suit IE version.

For the problems when viewing or downloading from Windows Update. We could follow the steps in the link below to check.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/193385

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 2:39 AM
  • Hi Pathoag,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? Because the case may be closed few days later.
    If you feel the suggestion could be helpful to you, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please feel free to post back and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best regards,
    Carl Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 10:56 AM