CCE - Mediation server topology issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We deployed CCE in HA, when I logged in to the mediation server, i don't see "SfB Topology Builder" . I installed the administrator tool from Deployment wizard.

When I select the  "Download Topology from Existing deployment" ,

"topology builder could not copy the topology from the central management store. Active directory operation Failed on AD01-sha1.sfbhybrid.local. The credential supplied for MedestionServer\administrator on Bind operation is invalid. error code "49""

I even tried to provide with "Enable-CsTopology" from power shell in Mediation server. I am getting same error.

What would be the issue? I gave a common password, example  "B0ls@123" (8 characters) for external certificate password, CceService password and CABackupFile password. I dont remember that i have given domain password. Server is under workgroup.

Please kindly let me know the solution for the above issue?

appreciate your help.

Regards,
    Mudhu

• Edited by MadhuSri011 Sunday, November 12, 2017 5:55 AM
    Sunday, November 12, 2017 5:11 AM

Answers

• CCE is a unique deployment, Topology Builder should not be used to manage this appliance. Simple URL are not used within CCE.

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.
    Blog
    Skype Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Skype for Business/Lync Server.

• Marked as answer by MadhuSri011 Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:12 AM
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:27 PM

All replies

• Hi MadhuSri011,

Log on to the CMS/Mediation Server, and open a command prompt. Make sure you can ping the FQDN and IP address of the Active Directory Server. If you cannot, there may be an IP address conflict. Please try to assign a new IP for Active Directory and update DNS on the CMS/Mediation server accordingly.

Based on my research, you should add your mediation server to the domain of the CCE. 

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 3:00 AM
  • Hi Leon Lu,

Thanks for the response. 

I am able to ping IP and FQDN of AD from CM/MedServer and Edge too. Is there anything else i have to check?

Kind Regards,

MadhuSri

Monday, November 13, 2017 4:18 AM
  • Hi Leon,

Now i'm able to open topology builder after restarting the server. Is something we have to configure the Meeting URl ? 

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:16 PM
  • CCE is a unique deployment, Topology Builder should not be used to manage this appliance. Simple URL are not used within CCE.

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.
    Blog
    Skype Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Skype for Business/Lync Server.

• Marked as answer by MadhuSri011 Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:12 AM
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:27 PM
  • Thank you so much and much appreciate for your valuable feedback. Even in MS Kbs articles  never discussed on the topology builder. 

But below video made me confused 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGH99ieQbBk   (at 7.02 minutes) .

Thank you again 

Regards,

MadhuSri

• Edited by MadhuSri011 Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:41 AM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:20 AM