SCCM Client Disciovery and installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have installed SCCM 2012 in my lab environment and getting errors as below. unable to understand what i missed to configure. any help will be highly appreciated.

1. Clinet installation using Push  wizard

Error - The database entry for resource Id 'XXXXX' is missing required information needed to start push installation

2. After configuration of boundary and discovery, clients are showing in "Device" node on CAS server not on primary(PS1)

3. All Systems collection buttons are disabled under properties tabs.

here is the site details -

Two site servers 1. CAS and 2. PS1

Boundary - AD site

AD system discovery - OU based

Agent installation account is the member of "infrastructure Administrator"

Rakesh Kumar

Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:38 AM

Answers

• after 10 min i observed that all computers has been populated in "All System Collection". Now i'm able to install client using push wizard from console. it seems that until systems are not published in All system collection, push installation will not work.

Here is the summary what i did to resolve the issue -

1. checked the log message using SQl query "select top 100 * from vlogs order by logtime desc" and got the message "did not find any successful send history so do not know what to set last version sent to, doing nothing.". which provided the clue that replication did not heppan between both site.

2. ran the SQl query to initiate the replication "EXEC SpDrsSendSubscriptionInvalid 'PS1' 'CAS' 'Configuration Data' ".

3. After few min again ran the query(see step 1) and got message "INFO: received Drs_InitFinished from site PS1 for replication group ; configuration data with version 69709". also checked the lod file rcmcotrl.log says " The asynchronous command finished with return message "

Rakesh Kumar

• Marked as answer by Kumar Rakesh Thursday, November 1, 2012 4:11 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 8:49 AM

All replies

• Double check if SQL replication is working fine and if there are any errors in the System Status (both can be found on the monitoring node).

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:05 AM
  • both sites are functioning well. no error.

Rakesh Kumar

Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:30 PM
  • today i have noticed that SQL broker service transmission queue is increasing for few min and due to it SQl replication link from Child to parent is inactive. once i cleared the queue, got active status. its happening after every 60 min and both error still there(see first thread)

Rakesh Kumar

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:41 AM
  • I ran the sql query " select top 100 * from vlogs order by logtime desc " on CAS server. Got the message

" did not find any successful send history so do not know what to set last version sent to, doing nothing."

it seems that replication did not happen between CAS and primary site(PS1) due to this computer shown in "Device" node under CAS server not replicated to PS1. hace not showing on PS1 under "Device" node. so i have initiated force replication using SQl query " EXEC SpDrsSendSubscriptionInvalid 'PS1' 'CAS' 'Configuration Data' ". after fwe min all computers populated on site PS1 under "Device" node. But still unable to install client using push wizard and getting the same error.

error "The database entry for resource Id 'XXXXX' is missing required information needed to start push installation"

may i know why this is happening and how to troubleshoot it.

Rakesh Kumar

Friday, October 26, 2012 8:02 AM
  • Delete the ID 'XXXXX' from the database (using the console) and run discovery again. I've seen cases here in the forums that discovery did not add an IP address to the client record.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Edited by TorstenMMVP Friday, October 26, 2012 8:44 AM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 8:43 AM
  • after 10 min i observed that all computers has been populated in "All System Collection". Now i'm able to install client using push wizard from console. it seems that until systems are not published in All system collection, push installation will not work.

Here is the summary what i did to resolve the issue -

1. checked the log message using SQl query "select top 100 * from vlogs order by logtime desc" and got the message "did not find any successful send history so do not know what to set last version sent to, doing nothing.". which provided the clue that replication did not heppan between both site.

2. ran the SQl query to initiate the replication "EXEC SpDrsSendSubscriptionInvalid 'PS1' 'CAS' 'Configuration Data' ".

3. After few min again ran the query(see step 1) and got message "INFO: received Drs_InitFinished from site PS1 for replication group ; configuration data with version 69709". also checked the lod file rcmcotrl.log says " The asynchronous command finished with return message "

Rakesh Kumar

• Marked as answer by Kumar Rakesh Thursday, November 1, 2012 4:11 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 8:49 AM