Update Rollup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So I'm running Exchange 2010 /hosting and I have an issue that is fixed in Update Rollup 2. I was just wondering if Update Rollup 4 has every fix from previous Rollups or do I need to install every Rollup separately?

Also, I installed Rollup 4 but when I ran "Get-ExchangeServer" it didn't show the new version/build numbers, it was still on SP2 14.2 (Build 247.5). I rebooted and everything but it was still on the old versions so it looked like it hadn't installed the Rollup correctly so I uninstalled it.

So now I'm on SP2 without any Rollup and wondering if I need to do something else to get it install properly? All the information I've read doesn't specify that I need to do something particular so was I doing something wrong by just double click the .msp and install it?

Friday, October 5, 2012 6:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Rollups are cumulative so you only need to apply the one.
    Friday, October 5, 2012 1:11 PM
  • Thanks for clearing that out for me.

I also just found out why I couldn't see the correct version in Get-ExchangeServer, apparently that command doesn't show if there's a Update Rollup installed or not so I'm guessing I succeeded the first time.

Monday, October 8, 2012 7:31 AM
  • That's becuase roll ups don't modify any attributes in AD.
    Monday, October 8, 2012 3:28 PM