none
Migrate PWA 2007 to PWA 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Greetings!

    Migrating PWA from 2007 to 2010.

    ERROR:

    Database [PWA_Content] contains a site (Id = [b5e77017-0421-49fa-bc0e-a1ecbff9f1f7], Url = [/]) that is not found in the site map. Consider detach and reattach the database.
    The orphaned sites could cause upgrade failures. Try detach and reattach the database which contains the orphaned sites. Restart upgrade if necessary.

    Any good blog, step-by-step tutorial how to fix this orphane site issue?


    bostjanc

    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:23 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi there-

    You will need to Fix any orphaned items or database corruptions, and then run upgrade again.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288476.aspx

    Step by step: 
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff382633.aspx


    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

    • Marked as answer by B_C_R Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:39 PM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:44 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

    I have found a tool on the internet called SharePoint Content Deployment Wizard (http://www.sharepointnutsandbolts.com/2007/12/using-sharepoint-content-deployment.html). Do you think that I could avoid orphan sites error with this tool? What would you suggest?


    bostjanc

    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:45 AM
  • One more question:

    I'm a little bit confused how to take this approach: Databaserepair: Stsadm operation (Windows SharePoint Services)

    The one thing that is confusing me
    * Should this be run on PWA 2007 server where WSS stands?
    * Or should I run this on PWA 2010 after I have attached PWA_CONTENT to SQL, and ran: Mount-SPContentDatabase "PWA_Content" -DatabaseServer "SQLSRV" -WebApplication http://sharepoint

    ?


    bostjanc


    • Edited by B_C_R Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:59 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:59 AM
  • Hi bostjanc--

    I am not sure about the tool (sounds like a SharePoint Content Deployment tool ) but I would prefer to use STSadm command to repair the database before running the upgrade.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288636.aspx

    Hope that helps.


    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

    • Marked as answer by B_C_R Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:39 PM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:02 AM
  • Amit, thank you for your reply.

    Can you please help me to clarify if I should run this on old PWA server before detaching the database to new server. Or should I attach PWA_CONTENT to sharepoint/project 2010 server, mount the database and run the command on new server? Because if I run it on new server it strangly saids there are no orphane sites.


    bostjanc


    • Edited by B_C_R Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:04 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:04 AM

  • Ok I have done this thing.

    1. Connected on old server (WSS) where 2007 PWA stands.
    2. Opened command prompt and went to this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN
    3. I have ran this command: stsadm -o databaserepair -url http://OLDSERVER/pwa -databasename PWA_CONTENT and got info: <OrphanedObjects Count="0" />
    4. Even if I ran command without word PWA at the end of http like this: stsadm -o databaserepair -url http://OLDSERVER -databasename PWA_CONTENT I receive the same info: <OrphanedObjects Count="0" />

    Then I have:
    5. Connected to new server (SHAREPOINT 2010 with PROJECT 2010 INSTALLED).
    6. I have took the restore of SQL database from old server (PWA_CONTENT, and all the other project sql databases draft, archive,etc). I have attached those on new server.
    7. I have ran: Mount-SPContentDatabase "PWA_Content" -DatabaseServer "SHAREPOINT2010" -WebApplication http://SHAREPOINT2010
    8. Then I have ran: stsadm -o databaserepair -url http://SHAREPOINT2010/pwa -databasename PWA_CONTENT and got info: <OrphanedObjects Count="0" />
    9. Even if I ran command without word PWA at the end of http like this: stsadm -o databaserepair -url http://SHAREPOINT2010 -databasename PWA_CONTENT I receive the same info: <OrphanedObjects Count="0" />


    bostjanc

    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:11 AM
  • Somehow detaching and attaching database caused orphaned sites to disappear.

    bostjanc

    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:39 PM