none
Project Server 2010 permissions granted through RBS are not flowing through to Project Sites. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have configured RBS as "The Project Owner is a descendant of the user via RBS"  its working fine for Projects.

But users are  facing access denied issue when working with project sites RBS is not working for project sites.

Can any  one Help me How can i grant permissions Automatically for project sites also as same like projects is it possible ?

The Members in  Executives group can see all projects in organization but same like can they see all project sites ? 

I have found one blog of RaymondRis he is recommending to do it manually as its not possible to grant Project site permissions Automatically.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/raymond_ris/archive/2013/05/09/project-server-2010-permissions-granted-through-rbs-are-not-flowing-through-to-project-sites.aspx

Thank You, Kumar KSV

• Edited by kumar ksv Friday, September 5, 2014 8:01 AM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 6:05 AM

All replies

• Kumar,

The permissions to project sites is not cotrolled by the RBS, as you have discovered. It is controlled by the Security Category permisisons, and the settings if the permssions are auto synced. The permissions work like this:

• Project managers who have published a project or who have Save Project permissions on a project are added to the Project Managers (Microsoft Project Server) site group.
    • Team members with assignments in a project are added to the Team members (Microsoft Project Server) site group.
    • Other Project Server users who have View Project Site permission on a project are added to the Readers (Microsoft Project Server) site group. 

As long as you use the Auto Sync of permisisons for project sites, i do not think there is any work around.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Thursday, September 4, 2014 6:07 PM
  • Hi Prasanna,

Thank you for the Reply,

Is  there any  Automatic way   that for some users can i configure  view all project sites  permissions in the organization level ?

(Users = who are not part of project plan or team  or by adding manually  from project center -- > Project permissions -- > View project site)

Thank You, Kumar KSV

• Edited by kumar ksv Monday, September 8, 2014 9:14 AM
    Friday, September 5, 2014 4:31 AM